Laser Hair Removal by the Numbers
March 10, 2017
It's no secret that women spend lots of time and money on skincare and beauty each year. But when it comes to having a smooth, hair-free look, much of that time and money can be saved. Check out these by-the-numbers statistics on hair growth and removal:
- A single hair has the lifespan of about five years.
- The growth rate for a human hair is about six inches per year.
- Last year, Americans underwent more than 1.1 million laser hair removal procedures – a 51-percent increase over 2000.
- Hair removal is the fourth most common minimally-invasive cosmetic procedure.
- Women spend an average 10.9 minutes per shave to smooth the surface of their legs, bikini areas and underarms.
- Women shave an average three times per week, which adds up to 130.8 minutes per month.
- Women shave 58.4 times per year, which adds up to an average 7,718 shaves over a woman's lifetime.
- Women spend $15.87 per month on shaving products including razors and creams. This adds up to $190.44 per year, $10,207 over a lifetime.
- Waxing is even pricier – Women shell out an average $23,000 over a lifetime for this messy and painful hair removal treatment.
- Women could save lots of time and money by opting instead for laser hair removal, which costs an average $3,000 over a lifetime.
Ready to save hours and dollars on your beauty routine? Call Elements of Therapy's Intracoastal/Beaches location at 904-337-4159 or our Mandarin location at 904-619-1587 to schedule your first laser hair removal treatment session.